Sunday, October 03, 2004

You can't tell, but the whole top half of her head is a blotchy red, and her eyes are actually quite swollen. Claire Helen HATES baseball. She clearly agrees with critics who think the World Series is bought every year, generally by George Steinbrenner. She could not even be convinced to stay until the next inning with promises of garlic fries(yum) and Dippin' Dots. That is some major league hatred. Really I think she hates fireworks and loud loud loud crowds who are so excited about Ichiro breaking the record. I wanted a bullhorn whenever the crowd would erupt in cheers for Ichiro. "QUIET, PEOPLE! My baby is easily startled!" I have never seen her so pissed off. We were barely able to stay until he broke the record, and even that was probably pushing it if I am being honest with myself. The 2 month shots were a walk in the park compared to the horror that is crowd noise. Everytime the crowd would cheer, she would startle, look at me(just to make sure I knew WHY she was so mad, and that keeping her here was the WORST kind of BABY TORTURE WHAT KIND OF EVIL MOTHER ARE YOU, CRUELLA DEVILLE MOTHER PERSON?), and then hoooooooooowl. By the time we had had enough howling baby, the blotchy spots had spread to about her ears. Ironically, I wouldn't have felt bad about my howling screaming crying baby disrupting anyone's good time, because it was so loud. I was starting to feel bad about permanently scarring my baby, though.

Mat said "It's like she has impetigo!!" but he didn't know what impetigo was. It turns out that it is a bacterial infection that causes oozing blisters, so it was not like she had impetigo at all.

After we left I was jazzed to do SOMETHING, so we went to a baby friendly restaurant and futher dissected the presidential debate. We had a really great time, and Mat told me a story I had not heard- did you guys know Fox News made up some stuff about Kerry getting a manicure the day of? A liberal blogger called them on it, so they retracted it and said some people had been joking around on the feed, and they accidentally ran what the jokesters said as a story. Ha! I cannot overexaggerate how amused I am by this. I dislike Fox News much less now that I think of it more like a media critique source, like Slate or Salon, so I don't hold it to rigorous news standards. I really don't think it makes a serious effort to be objective. Which is fine- neither do I, really.

I can think of absolutely nothing in the way of segues here. I think I just have to go on, to the next completely unrelated topic. But still Claire Helen, because I am One of Those Moms who only talks about her children. At least she's cute.

Last week at my mom's group, a professional photographer came in to teach us all how to take pictures of our baby. He used my camera as the demo (score!), and here is a picture he took of Claire Helen:

No comments: