Monday, May 28, 2012

And the winner is...

Two things this Memorial Monday evening-

First, dress like a book character day-

Tock the watchdog from Phantom Tollbooth(little mini review for you here- love the book; he loved and thought it hilarioud, but it was a bit too much idiom understanding requirement wise for a 6 year old, even a verbose one such as the one pictured here. It'll keep, though, and I hope he'll pick it up again when he's older.) and Nancy Drew. Both had a great time. Boy do I ever love that day at school. Tons of Pippi Longstockings, Red Ridinghoods, and of course Harry Potter characters. The best part was so many I had never even heard of who the kids clearly knew so well.

Second, look who's a poet and knows it?


That's Claire Helen, reading her award winning poem at the ceremony our public library had last week. She was bursting with pride, and I was too. She invited her school librarian, and I'm kicking myself for not getting  a picture of the two of them together.

I know, I know, I have not been around to nearly the degree I promised. But I had a very inspiring conversation this afternoon with a blogger who actually knows what she's doing, and now I'm determined to blog more often too. Tomorrow, 5 great middle grade books for boys not about war.

No comments: