Monday, June 25, 2012

School's out for summer!





In my little corner of the world, this was the first weekday of summer vacation. How'd we all do? I would give us a solid sort-of-ok. We need to get ourselves organized, which for me mostly means creating lists of books. Then I like to check them off. Sometimes I like to write down the ones we have already read, and it is just glorious.

Three a piece to get us started.

For Claire Helen-
The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame
The Wind in the Willows

Wondla by Tony DeTerlizzi



The Little Grey Men by B.B.
(author's name not enough to persuade you? Here is what Dame Julie Andrews says-

"There was a little book that we found and my father leafed through it, and he said, 'Here you are, darling. I think you'll like this.' And it was a very small children's novel called The Little Grey Men, by an English author called B.B. And it was a very simple nature tale of the last four gnomes left on this earth in England. Very much like Watership Down, that kind of big nature study, and it was set in four seasons. It was a terrific adventure story. I swallowed it up." )




For Simon:


Mysterious Benedict Society, by Trenton Stewart

The Mysterious Benedict Society


The Twenty One Balloons, by William Pene du Bois

The Twenty-One Balloons

Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman

Odd and the Frost Giants

I'll let you know how they are once I read them!

No comments: