Friday, March 04, 2005

Speechifying

Yesterday I was laying on the ground in the nursery, next to the baby, reading her The Runaway Bunny. We got to the part where the mama becomes a gardener to find the crocus baby bunny.

I pointed out the baby bunny, because he's always hidden.

And then Claire Helen turned to me, pointed at my nose, and said mmma-MA.

Mama! She called me mama!!

Later, on the changing table, she explained again that I am mmma-MA. She grabbed my nose in the doctor's office* possessively, and scolded the doctor that this was HER mmma-MA. At lunch today, she pointed out to Mat that she has a mmmma-MA over there, across the table.

This is talking! It's always hard to tell at first, with baby milestones, but this is it! Talking!

*We were there for my toe, which I appear to have sprained. Nuts. I wanted to run a half marathon in a couple weeks. Nuts. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Told you that Runaway Bunny was stimulating reading....just you wait for Where There Wild Things Are, Mama.....DGS