Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Camera store trip was a bust

But it is not the worst bit of technological news I have for the day. About half an hour ago I failed miserably at getting the video recorder to work so I could record the best example of baby dancing I have ever seen.

Simon was not just dancing- oh no- he made up a routine to "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies.* It included this very slow butt bounce while snapping with both hands, and at appropriate intervals walking around in a circle with exaggerated nods. MAN. It was awesome. I tried to at least webcam it to Mat, but by then Simon had lost interest and only wanted to fix "peanut butter (sandwiches for) dada." Oh well.

He also for the first time today pretended his diaper wasn't poopy when it was, a reliable indicator of ability to manipulate consequences(if I say "no," I don't have to get my diaper changed). Sniff. They grow up so fast.

Off to a pro-choice rally downtown, assuming I can get Claire Helen up and navigate the bus system, which are both pretty big assumptions. She sleeps away the afternoon, lately. I think she must be growing.

* FINALLY, a child who shares my music tastes! Claire Helen's girly music gets a little old, much as I love the Indigo Girls.

No comments: