Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm taking the camera to the camera store today, I promise.

Just as soon as I tell you all about Mister Just Like Big Sister.

Simon is currently sitting in his high chair, eating a bowl of puffins*. This is after rejecting MIGHTILY first dry puffins on the tray, then dry puffins in a bowl, then puffins with a little bit of milk, then puffins with a bit more milk, then puffins with the (wrong) metal spoon, and finally, puffins in a bowl with the right spoon with Simon not as tall as his sister. I get a feeling I am going to be spending the next 16 years explaining that fair does not mean exactly the same. To the molecule.

His favorite thing to do after a meal lately is climb up on Claire Helen's chair, pick at her (not yet cleared, ahem) leftovers, and generally preen and Be Big. I have been trying to focus on getting him some friends his own age, but he completely eschews baby playdates in an effort to reach his life's goal, Twoness.

Claire Helen is in the middle of week two of preschool spring break. I admit we entered it with some trepidation, but it's gone very well. Except that despite having total control over my own schedule, I did not leave the house at all from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday morning, because of hosting playdates and playgroups and friends for dinner. All lovely reasons for hanging around my own (non-gravel! Non-coated in shards of glass! Grass! That we can PLAY in!)backyard, but we were all a little squirrelly by the time it was over. Claire Helen quite literally since what she does all day lately is pretend to be animals. This is wicked cute, but I have to tell you I am not really that familiar with the eating habits of a porcupine or the noise a lemur makes, so she may be getting misinformation along the way. Hopefully she'll get a good biology teacher to set her straight.

Off to the camera store. Hopefully it will get fixed in time to memorialize cousin Greta's ballet debut this evening. The kids are very excited, and have been preparing for the last two days by putting on my old dance costumes(why oh why don't I have two of each one?) and demanding I sing for them, so they can bounce and spin in time.

*a hippy kids' cereal, not some furtive way of telling you all we have gone carnivore on you.

No comments: