Wednesday, May 16, 2007




I keep forgetting to mention that Claire Helen's hair has gotten curly. I wouldn't say it's exactly sudden, because it's always gotten curly when it's humid, but a couple months ago she finally got enough hair that it can stand on it's own, instead of the slightest breeze flattening it out.

Simon, alas alack, still lacks hair.


He doesn't seem to mind.

And lately, actually, he is willing to wear a hat which was my whole problem with him not having hair anyhow, how to keep his scalp from fricaseeing in the summer.



I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day. I did. Mat and the kids made me waffles in bed(I'm sure Simon and Claire Helen were a great help), and then we went for a run around Green Lake. I got to get myself some new pajamas (did you all know I have kind of a pajama thing? My everyday clothes come from Target and Old Navy, and I roll my eyes at the thought of children wearing clothes that are more expensive than grown up clothes, but we all have nice pajamas. Sleeping is where it counts most to be comfortable, right?), so all in all a good day.

I would love to tell you all more about Claire Helen and her bountiful love for our new plastic backyard wading pool and first out- of- context - not- her- or - Simon's - name - sight - word (fish), or how Simon still only has maybe 50 words and a bare handful of two word phrases but seem to be learning his letter sounds(a second child thing, I think, though of course he, as all children here in Lake Woebegone, is above average in all ways). But today is Wednesday, and that is special Simon and mommy fun day, and we are headed to the toddler play center, where word on the street is they got a new, bigger bouncy house, and took out the much adored mini roller coaster. Serious drama, let me tell you.

No comments: