Tuesday, May 22, 2007


Last week we had a hot day, so we set up our little wading pool(which Claire Helen will tell you is basically a country club in our backyard, and in fact couldn't even wait her turn at circle time to tell all the other kids about the marine installation.). Setting these things up always attracts the neighborhood kids, and one of their moms caught some pictures of Simon and Claire Helen snuggling.









Simon's swim trunks, which I like very much, were really only for show. I guess the pool was a little bit chilly for mister 2% body fat, so whenever I'd try to plop him in, he'd do that polarized magnet thing toddlers can do with the ground when they don't feel like being put down, where no matter how I'd try to move his body toward the surface of the water, he would always keep it exactly 12 inches away. All while pronouncing the whole thing "IIIIIIIIIIIIIce! No! No! Iiiiiiiiice!" Yes, obviously, Simon, as your mother I have decided to dip you into a large bucket of ice. This is my idea of fun. Hold on, I'm going to go get some fire ant hills for you to walk through.

He did very much enjoy throwing dirt into the pool, hopefully onto another toddler.



1 comment:

rsingh said...

These are beautiful pictures. I love the expression on both of their faces and the background colors are great.